Google Nest Protect – Smoke Alarm – Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detector
The Nest Protects and Nest Learning Thermostat create their own ad-hoc network and don’t rely on your home wifi for communications between devices. WiFi is only used for communications OUTSIDE of the home to pass on alerts, etc. Even if the ad-hoc network fails the individual alarms will sound as they detect smoke/CO.
There’s never been a smoke and CO alarm quite like this. Nest Protect looks for fast-burning fires, smoldering fires, and carbon monoxide. It speaks up when there’s a problem and can send a message to your phone if you’re not at home. And it helps keep you safe and sound for up to a decade.
When there’s smoke or CO in your home, Nest Protect speaks in a friendly, human voice to give you an early warning and tell you where the danger is.
- Smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector that speaks up in a friendly voice to give you an early warning when there’s smoke or CO in your home
- Split Spectrum Sensor looks for both fast burning and smoldering, and tells you where the danger is
- Get phone alerts so you know something’s wrong even when you’re away from home
- CO detector looks out for carbon monoxide and tells you where it’s located
- With App Silence you can silence the smoke alarm with your phone in the Nest app when there’s only a little smoke
- No chirps to tell you the battery is low; Nest Protect tests its own batteries and gives you a Nightly Promise when you turn off the lights so you know everything is working
- A Light in the Dark: Usually Nest Protect has its light turned off but when you walk underneath it Pathlight can light your way.